Thursday, March 19, 2009

Operation: Survive Till Tuesday  

Day One




I'm feeling really bad today, but God is STILL ON HIS THRONE and in control.  So I have joy!

Our medical appointments were strange to say the least.  Pretty cursory exam...but glad it was SHORT!  The lady doctor just stared at me and Micah when she sat down.  Mary wasn't in the room yet.  The doc said "why are you doing this?"  "2?"  I said we love children and want to help them.  She said but why these children?  They are so...  so... and she wouldn't finish the sentence.  I'm not feeling well so the filter through which my speech and facial expressions usually flow may be a bit week today and perhaps my face gave away what I was thinking.  I just held him closer, kissed him and she said she was sorry.  It would just be difficult for her she said.  Well the visit went fine and then we went to sit in another hallway while everything was being stamped (for about an hour).  You may remember that I said playing with Matthew in the little mud room was like playing in a doctors' office waiting room.  I would now like to retract that statement.  It turns out the little mud room was UTOPIA!  But let me just say that the boys did remarkably well today.  I was so pleased.  We had an hour and half car ride there, there for over an hour and half then another 45 minutes to the embassy.  Then at embassy for about an hour and then in the car about an hour to get home.  They were TROOPERS and I'm so proud of them!!!

The embassy was fine.  We got our papers turned in.  Then the lady behind the glass asked where the pictures were.  I told her I didn't have them (I suddenly remembered that George had them and he was behind all the security and gates because he's not allowed to come in.).  So I had to go out and he was standing at the gate and waved them at me through the bars.  I'm thinking...George, that guard is going to kill us!  You can't do that!  But the guard grinned and nodded his head.  I guess he saw the fear in my eyes.  :-)  So I got it all turned in and paid my $1400 (ugh) and we were told to come back tomorrow at 2:00 for our interview and to get our visas.  YES!  Then we're ready to go home!!  No all we need is plane tickets.  We'll get those tomorrow and we'll be home Tuesday.

Yesterday was so sweet and yes, overwhelming.  I wondered last night if we would actually survive this and wondered all over again what we had gotten ourselves in to.  Today has been such a blessing with the boys.  Yes, I know that tomorrow may be completely the opposite and they may completely out of control.  But today was good.  We'll worry about tomorrow when it comes.

I'll write more about yesterday and the trip in the car with our new sons later.  Today, I'm feeling bad and need to stop now.  God bless you all.  Thank you for loving my family.

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord!  Psalm 139

Be Blessed!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



12 comments: to “ Operation: Survive Till Tuesday

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

    Wow! What a day. God will meet every need of yours. I know you are seeing that first hand. I will pray that God will give you and Mary good health as you return home.

    Mark C.

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

    Hang in there. Beautiful video clip of the boys. Praying for rest for you tonight and healing of your body.
    Blessings,
    Jennifer S.

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

    We found this verse and thought of you all. We love all the pictures and especially the video. You have two handsome boys to add to your family! Actually Deanna is in McAlester but since they have no internet, I've been keeping her updated on your blog! She's called me daily to get the dig. We can't wait to see you all again and meet the boys!

    Ron, Deanna, Jacey & Carly

    Philippians 4:6

    Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

  • Silly Sally
    March 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

    Everyone you have come in contact with in this process is seeing Jesus at work. Praise God for not only the adoption of the two boys, but the influence you have on others. We are on pins and needles for you four to come home.
    Love you all.

  • Mary Malone
    March 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

    I hope tomorrow is a good day and that the days go by fast 'till Tuesday!

  • Mary Malone
    March 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

    We are more than thrilled that you actually have those babies in your possession, what a miracle!! wow .We must tell you how impressed we were with a sweet thank you from the" malone kids." Even though you are not with them,you have done a fine job of raising them.These two 'new kids on the block' will be so blessed. Deut.6:6-9. Love, Don and Betty

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

    Beautiful, just beautiful! Thank you for allowing me to follow your journey! Love the video! Love the honor & glory given to the Lord! Love that Matthew & Micah are on their way to meet their brothers & sisters! Blessings to all!

  • Malones
    March 19, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

    Oops that last post was from Sarah in PA

  • Kenneth
    March 20, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

    this daily weeping thing right after {or during} perusing y'all's post is turning into a purging - a mikvah in me own tears? MAN !!! I am thrilled to me core !!! I wish I were there to be a lead-blocker thru all the goofy stuff we face in European airports altho you might be every bit as rough as I am after all the time you've spent there - have you developed a "scowl-growl" yet? that could be a very effective tool there ...

  • Malones
    March 20, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

    May Tuesday come quickly for you, but enjoy your today. Glad you are sharing with us...it's so amazing and you and Mary do such a good job. The pictures and video are priceless. Who is the singer on the last video? The words are perfect for the pictures. God is good. Love and prayers Linda Saunders

  • Our Story: Continued
    March 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

    I have tears! Congratulations on your new sons! I love that song! Come home safe!