Sunday, March 29, 2009

Everyone's Home  

It is so good to be home. I went to church this morning and led worship in the first service and then came home. Feeling pretty rough today, but I couldn't have been anywhere else this morning! It's so good to be home.

After the first service, me and Blake and Seth came home and we've all been together just hanging out all day. It's been good times. I've been in bed a good portion of the day but the kids have been in and out and I've been downstairs with the crew part of the day. I gave the three little guys and Seth baths. The boys LOVE the bath. They are just fitting right in. On a scale of 1 to 10 of how they're doing making the adjustment, I'd have to give Micah a 9 and Matthew an 8. The boys are just so special and so in love. I was so worried that they would not bond to us and after seeing Micah in action at the institution, I was worried he would just constantly try to leave the house...really. But they are smitten with us and with the other kids. Eli doesn't care much for Micah yet because he's so loud I think, but Eli and Matthew will be buds. Micah loves to play with Seth...two rough and tumble guys!

Micah is so glad to have a family. There is no doubt. He is all hugs and kisses. When he's gotten in trouble and we've had discipline him, when get leaves time out he can't wait for his hugs and love and affirmation (which we are very careful to give every time). And I wish you could see his face when I tell him I love him. I started out telling him in russian and english and now I'm down to just english. When I say Papa love Micah, you can just see in his glowing smile a look of relief and joy. There's no other way to say it. It's a look I will always remember.

Matthew loves hugs and kisses. He doesn't interact with us as much as Micah, but he's not in the same developmental place as Micah, yet. When we walk by him if he's sitting on the floor, up go his arms and when we scoop him up, he's all smiles! He doesn't seem to get the "I love you" words yet like Micah does, but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure.

There are moments when we say to ourselves, "What have we done!??" just because of the sheer numbers. Hopefully they never figure out that the big people are way outnumbered! :-) When we were all out together on Wednesday, we were certainly a CROWD! I would say that I wondered what people were thinking, but I'd have to say it was obvious what people were thinking by the looks on their faces. LOL!!!

Well...in case you didn't get the picture, IT'S SO GOOD TO BE HOME!!! It was wonderful being with our church family this morning. It's like being in a nice warm hug. Ahhhh. Relief.

The two boys, Hannah, and Bethany are all getting over this respiratory infection/flu. The boys are nearly better, Hannah is right behind them and Bethany just started today. Hopefully, no one else will take it. I'm off to work tomorrow for as long as I can last. The coughing won't stop and the body aches are raging, but I'll be good for a while in the morning. In the scheme of the universe, it's a small thing!

I hope you have seen the hand of our Almighty Father throughout these last 6 weeks and especially in this last week. I hope you have experienced His love and blessing as He has worked in our lives and we've shared what He has done. I hope you've seen HIM and not us. I hope HIS name has increased, not ours.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



10 comments: to “ Everyone's Home

  • Bruce & Marjorie
    March 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

    know you can feel the prayers that have been sent your way as your family is on our personal and our church's prayer lists. Glad you are all starting to feel healthy. Congrads on you new family extentions. Meredith's mom

  • Tiffany
    March 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

    So glad to hear more about how the boys are doing . Let us see some pictures of them with their new family! It was great to have you lead worship this morning.........GLAD YOUR HOME!

  • My Girls R Angels
    March 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

    Chris and Mary,

    I am so thankful that you have allowed me to join you on this journey. My heart is so full of God's goodness as I read your blog. I have seen Him work wonders to help you bring your boys home. Thank you for sharing!
    :-)
    Theresa

  • Unknown
    March 29, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

    I have seen HIM in this and I have seen HIM in you. Thank you for your transparency and faithfulness!!

    Your thoughts and shared scripture have pierced my heart and provoked thoughts and prayers that will alllow me to grow in new ways.

    Thanks you!! Jennifer Bessert

  • June Berger
    March 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

    Yes, I have definitely seen HIM increase! Some days I think "how can He get any bigger?!". What a finite mind we humans have. Then God goes and blows my mind anew! So blessed to follow along in your journey.

  • The Loux Family
    March 30, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

    Praise God Chris and Mary! We are so thankful and happy for the great news. Many of us here at IHOP have been praying for all of you! So wonderful to know that you're all home and that things are going so well. We will keep praying and trusting the Lord to completely heal everyone! We're also thrilled to hear that the boys are bonding with you and receiving your love so well!
    Love, hugs and prayers,
    Renee', Derek and tribe

  • Tracie
    March 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

    LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
    Glad to hear such a good report.

  • Teri
    March 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

    Chris and Mary,

    I am so glad that were able to get Eli to the doctor in time. I was so happy to see Chris on Sunday and I can not seem to wait to see all of your children together. I would like to see pictures of all the children. See you on Wednesday.

    Love You in Christ
    Teri

  • Meredith
    March 30, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

    Glad to hear your transition is going well. SO happy to hear Micah is fitting in well with the family. (((HUGS)))

    (my mom actually registered an account in order to be able to comment to you! LOL)

    Meredith

  • Missy
    April 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

    Your blog has meant a lot to me and I've checked it faithfully twice a day over the past (can it be??) 6 weeks. Thank you for opening your lives to us and sharing the wonderful story of God's blessings over you!!

    I pray that you continue to have time to post about your family and the boys' transitions; it is so much fun to hear stories of how they are doing. :o)

    Blessings;

    Missy