Sunday, November 30, 2008

God is in charge...His power reigns.  

I love this quote by C.H. Spurgeon...

"God’s power is like Himself, self-existent, self-sustained. The mightiest of men cannot add so much as a shadow of increased power to the Omnipotent One. He sits on no buttressed throne and leans on no assisting arm. His court is not maintained by His courtiers (a person who attends a royal court as a companion or adviser to the king or queen. a person who fawns and flatters in order to gain favor or advantage.) nor does it borrow its splendor from His creatures. He is Himself the great central source and Originator of all power (C. H. Spurgeon).

I get so caught up in the enormity of what God is doing in our lives right now that I can sometimes hardly breathe.  This is all so much bigger than me, my wife, and my family.  The task ahead seems like Mt. Everest.  I can't imagine why God chose us to do this.  I can't fathom how He has been making it happen.  I can look back over the last 3 months and I get overwhelmed by God's goodness and power. 

God's power has overtaken us and has left us speechless, humbled, energized, awestruck, amazed, flabbergasted.  We have seen God do things we never dreamed could have happened when He first asked us to do this. 

He has given me dreams of the future that seem just as incredibly impossible, yet I know that in Him and through Him, nothing is impossible.  Mary and I felt His call a couple of years ago in this area and even though we knew that it was God who would bring it about, we scarcely believed it could really happen.  Yet, here we stand.   Just below the summit.  We can see it, but stand in disbelief.  We can feel the change coming, but feel like we're in a dream.

God has brought us here.  We trust Him.  We love Him.  We surrender to Him.

Peace and grace.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories