Friday, May 15, 2009

Risk is zero...  

"I rejoice in the growing vision for the sacred calling of adoption.  The pain and pleasures of parenting are multiplied with every child we embrace -- whatever age and by whatever means.  The rewards are partly in this life, but mainly in the next.  Jesus does not call us to maximize our securities and comforts here.  He said, "Whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."  The short-term risks of adoption are huge.  The long-term risks of love are zero.  God will make all grace abound for every day's demand.  Nothing is impossible with Him.  There will be no regrets for parents who love in the power of Christ.  May God multiply churches that live this truth."

--John Piper

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Risk is zero...

  • Our mission
    May 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

    Love the quote--thanks for reminding me of the reason God's called us to adopt and that He will enable us....
    I may put this on our blog to encourage my husband overseas :)
    I enjoyed reading about your family on the blog. God bless!

  • Kelly
    May 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

    I am almost done with his book "Don't Waste Your Life". I love it, and it has inspired me and opened my eyes to a more clear view as a child of God. This quote is wonderful, and I will put it on my blog as well! Thanks for sharing.