Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some Pictures…the ones I promised weeks ago. :-)  

DSCF2005_face0

Micah and the cup (his security blanket) I think they didn’t get much to drink at the institution. Certainly not whenever they wanted it. When we saw him eating lunch there was never any drink given. He hikes this cup under his arm and just keeps it with him. Very cute. And sad.

DSCF2004

Our good friend Randy Done and Matthew.

DSCF2010_face0

The very pretty Hannah.

DSCF2007

Eli…practicing his wrestling moves.

DSCF2014

Matthew loves the brothers and sisters. He just loves being with us.

DSCF2013

Micah is Randy’s pal (unless Randy is making Micah obey. :-) ).

DSCF2021

All these pics were on the Saturday before Resurrection Day. (April 11). We had the Dickinson’s over (including their 2 new kids from Ukraine…they got home a couple of weeks after us), Randy & Brenda Done and a friend of Blake’s (it was also Blake’s 15th birthday!). Ugh. I’m old. :-) I had this great idea that it would be fun to dye eggs with everyone. So I boiled 5 dozen eggs and set up lots of cups of dye (with Brenda’s help). I took a couple of pics and left the room so that I could maintain my sanity. :-) And so the kids could just have fun without me saying be careful or don’t get that on your clothes or something silly and fatherly like that. :o)

DSCF2024_face1

The very pretty Bethany.

DSCF2034

Wayne & Eli.

DSCF2036

Marcus Dickinson

DSCF2040

Blake & Hannah

DSCF2051

The three stooges.

DSCF2047_face2 DSCF2046_face1

Are these two guys brothers or what?

DSCF2056

DSCF2060

DSCF2062

DSCF2071

Matthew & Hannah. He really loves Hannah. She’s so tender with him.

DSCF2082_face0

He didn’t every eat these leaves believe it or not.

DSCF2097_face0

Macey Dickinson

DSCF2101

Our old swing set. The kids took it down and made way for the new one. We got home all excited to get the boys outside and playing on the swingset only to find that it was rotten and the bolts pulled through that hold the swings because the wood was disintegrated. Didn’t make the winter well I guess. So I started patching it and more and more fell off and came apart. So we ditched it. I’ll show a pic of the new one. I just finished it last Saturday night.

DSCF2103

We’ve had this car since Blake was a baby. He just turned 15. Wish our real cars lasted that long.!!!

DSCF2108

The wagon… One of their favorite things…

DSCF2109

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Some Pictures…the ones I promised weeks ago. :-)

  • June Berger
    April 30, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

    Such beautiful children! You are certainly a blessed Daddy! Hannah looks so much like her Mommy! Bethany is also looking so very grown up and beautiful.

  • jturpin
    April 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

    What a wonderful family! I love the pictures - they were worth the wait!

  • thedickinsonfamily
    April 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

    Thanks for reminding me of our great day together. I am still so excited that we could share our adoption journeys together. You and Mary have been and continue to be a wonderful support to the NEW Dickinson family. We thank God for little Eli, he was our inspiration. Because of him there are 4 children home, tucked in bed safely were they are loved and cared for. Praise God! I'm looking forward to many more celebrations with our familes together. :)
    Blessings,
    Meghan